Removing & replacing doors
To get a better result, before installation of vinyl planks flooring, laminate, or hardwood we highly recommend to remove sliding doors, closet doors and interior doors in the areas where flooring is going to be installed. We highly recommend that this task is performed by a licensed interior doors contractor to prevent possible negative consequences.
Please, notice, Best Flooring Honolulu is not a licensed interior door contractor.
To simplify the process of installing floors for our customers we offer in-house services to remove and then install back sliding doors, closet doors, and interior doors. The main goal of Best Flooring Honolulu providing those services is to remove and then install back interior doors without making any modifications to them. This includes, but is not limited to:
Please, notice, this service is offered only as a part of flooring installation or replacement.
Removing and installing sliding doors, closet doors and interior doors are paid services. Current rates are:
- removing and replacing sliding doors – $35 per door
- removing and replacing closet doors – $25 per door
- removing and replacing interior doors – $15 per door
Please, notice, we don’t offer next services:
- removing, adjusting, or relocating sliding doors, closet doors, and interior doors
- modifying, repairing, upgrading, or replacing sliding doors, closet doors, and interior doors
The doors, door parts, and rails are removed and installed exactly in the same place as they were before. When accepting our flooring installation quote, you do accept and acknowledge the next risks, that are not limited to:
- after new flooring is installed doors can behave differently than they were before (open or close slowly, open or close faster, not closing fully, not opening fully, and others)
- the doors do not fit back or have a bigger gap underneath or above compared to before
- the doors start to open or close tighter or looser than before
- other consequences of reinstalling doors
We are a licensed flooring installing contractor, not an interior door contractor. In case if one of the described situations occurs, the owner completely exempt from liability Best Flooring Honolulu installers and Best Flooring Honolulu company.
Our company and our installers will do our best to prevent or fix those situations. But if such a case appeared and it’s out of the installer’s experience or knowledge, its owners responsible for hiring a licensed interior door contractor to fix or adjust occurred issues. We don’t guarantee that sliding doors, closet doors, and interior doors are going to work the same way as they were before removal.
To prevent any possible negative consequences, please hire a Hawaii licensed interior door contractor to remove sliding doors, closet doors, and interior doors before the flooring installation starts.